District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) is made up of representatives from each school’s English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
A DELAC is required when a school district has an enrollment of 51 or more English learners. Additionally, 51 percent of the DELAC members must be parents.
The DELAC advises the school district governing board on all of the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for educational programs and services for English learners that takes into consideration the Single Plan for Student Achievement. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Conducting of a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Administration of the annual Language Census Report. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Review and comment on the school district’s reclassification procedures. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians. (5 CCR 11308[c])
2013-2014 Meeting Dates
October 9, 2013
December 11, 2013
February 12, 2014
May 14, 2014