The District English Learner Advisory Committee is made up of representatives from each school’s English Learner Advisory Committee.
A District English Learner Advisory Committee is required when a school district has an enrollment of 51 or more English learners. Additionally, 51 percent of the District English Learner Advisory Committee members must be parents.
The District English Learner Advisory Committee advises the school district governing board on all of the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for educational programs and services for English learners that takes into consideration the Single Plan for Student Achievement. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Conducting of a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Administration of the annual Language Census Report. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Review and comment on the school district’s reclassification procedures. (5 CCR 11308[c])
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians. (5 CCR 11308[c])
All District English Learner Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public. Meeting agendas and minutes will be posted on this webpage as they become available.
Unless other stated all meeting will be held in Room 23 at Sunset School. To accommodate parents’ work schedules the District will conduct two sessions of the Parent Advisory Committee meeting (Session 1: 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. and Session 2: 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.)
- September 11, 2017
- October 9, 2017
- November 13, 2017
- January 8, 2018
- March 12, 2018
- May 14, 2018
Meeting Agendas, and Meeting Minutes